Wednesday 19 June 2013

Coconut Milk Smoothie for Weight Loss

I found this from the Organic Momma website. I wanted to try it and share it with you. I haven't had three kids like she did but I have some weight I could shed.

"Many of you know that one of my health goals for 2012 is to get back to my pre-pregnancy #1 baby weight.  (3 babies in 3 years will throw your body for a loop, to put it mildly!)  Since our third baby was born 9 months ago, I’m down almost 4 sizes, with 2 more to go to achieve my goal! 

I wanted to share with you a recipe I’ve created that has greatly helped me on my weight loss journey.  It’s based off of a whole lot of research I’ve done about the amazing properties of coconut and coconut oil, particularly with regards to weight loss.

Now, before I go any further, let me make one point: coconut oil is very high in saturated fat and calories, BUT, neither of those things are unhealthy NOR do they cause weight gain, contrary to what well meaning, mainstream health gurus will tell you.  There’s a whole lot more to be said about that topic, and I’ll be discussing it more later on this month.  (So be on the lookout for more posts showing you how to lose weight with coconut oil, without starving!) But for now, I’d encourage you to read the book "Eat Fat Lose Fat" by Sally Fallon & Mary Enig.  You’ll never think the same way again about fat!  You’ll be happier too!

Anyway, back to my recipe.  This recipe incorporates fat burning and metabolism revving UP coconut milk and coconut oil, high protein from eggs, and antioxidants and fiber from organic berries.  And let me just say, you will be full for HOURS from this smoothie.  I have it almost every day for lunch, but it would make a great breakfast too.  Plus, it takes less than 3 minutes to prepare.  (A must for busy Mom’s or anybody else who’s on the go!)
So without further ado, here’s my coconut milk smoothie for weight loss: (or anyone needing a filling, extremely nutritious snack or meal replacement)"

Coconut Milk Smoothie For Weight Loss

Ingredients:
  • 8 oz. organic coconut milk, (I like the Native Forest brand, the container is BPA free)
  • 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil (I like the Nutiva brand)
  • 2 eggs, organic, free range, and yes, raw!
  • 1/4 cup organic frozen raspberries or other frozen berry
  • 1 frozen organic banana
  • Optional: 1 tsp- 1 tbsp organic raw honey ( I leave this out but you might prefer it!)
Directions:

In a high powered blender or VitaMix, blend well until desired consistency is achieved.  ENJOY!
I can’t wait to hear how you like this smoothie!  Let me know when you try it! 

With love,
Catherine Slezinger

No comments:

Post a Comment