- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1lb lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 8 lasagna noodles, broken
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- optional: parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the chopped onion and cook until translucent (4-5 minutes). Stir in the garlic and 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add in the ground beef, breaking the meat into pieces and cooking until no longer pink.
- Layer the lasagna noodles over the meat and pour the tomato sauces and water over the pasta. Cover and bring the dish to a simmer, then lower the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the pasta is done. Season the lasagna well with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Take the lasagna off the heat and roughly stir in the cottage cheese. Top with big chunks of mozzarella and let sit covered for 5 minutes or until cheese it melted.
- If desired (I recommend it!), top with parmesan and basil.
Serving size: 1/6th recipe Calories: 385 Fat: 12.6g Saturated fat: 5.4g Carbohydrates: 33g Sugar: 4.1g Fiber: 3g Protein: 32.5g Cholesterol: 61mg